Am Retzgraben 41
79108 Freiburg i. Br.
|t. +49 7665 930421
f. +49 7665 930420
The ILBC GmbH (International Laboratory for Biotechnology and Consulting) is active in research, consultancy, production and services in the fields of biology, molecular biology, microbiology and protein chemistry. Founded in 2004, the company is based at the Biotech Campus in Potsdam. Ms. Anett Henke is current General Manager. Research and development is supervised by Professor Dr. Monier Tadros.
Dr.Tadros and his staff have many years of experience in applied biology projects (see publications list). These projects involved developing and patenting commercial products (“Method for the production of antimicrobial peptide” a European Union patent (EP 1521770) since 26.11.2008 and a US patent (US020060062775A1) since 09.06.2009).
The laboratory’s core activity is performing research assignments relating to antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral peptides. The company also carries out analytical investigations involving the isolation and characterization of membrane proteins and gene expression of desired proteins.
The ILBC performs the following activities:
- Production of degradable biological disinfectants which also pose no health risk to humans and can be adapted to client requirements
- Production of antiviral, antifungal and antibacterial peptides using recombinant DNA technology
- Investigation of cold pressed oils as well as isolation and characterisation of bioactive components from aromatic medicinal plants
- Isolation, characterisation and microsequencing of proteins and development of new protein separation and sequencing procedures, particularly for membrane proteins
Gene expression of desired peptides.
In recent years, the ILBC GmbH has been awarded contracts with the German Federal Armed Forces, Pfizer and others.
At ILBC GmbH a key focus of research and its potential application is in the isolation of major membrane protein complexes, characterisation of their subunits and regulation of gene expression of proteins, notably the production of antimicrobial peptides and their capacities.
Years of research at the ILBC GmbH have resulted in the production of a new bactericidal and fungicidal substance, a cationic peptide originating from eukaryotic cells. This biologically active substance is now overproduced in a heterologous system at the ILBC GmbH. The peptide has been successfully tested against bacteria and fungi. Unlike conventional antibiotics and other antimicrobially active substances, antimicrobial peptides are environmentally compatible. They also pose no health risk to humans. These antimicrobial peptides have a wide application base, e.g. in foodstuffs, cosmetics, animal husbandry, sanitation (e.g. hospitals) and the production of pharmaceuticals.
Following you will find our current offer of services on the subject of Protein Analytics:
Cloning, expression and purification of peptides and proteins (native, tagged etc.)
- Create cDN databases
- Clone cDNA fragments
- In vitro Mutagenesis: site directed mutagenesis
- Clone PCR products
- Control sequencing
Plasmid preparation (Mini, Midi, Maxi)
- Capillary electrophoresis (CE)
- SDS-PAGE (reduced, not reduced)
- Degradation products (MS)
- Sequencing of peptides (MS)
- Western blot analysis
- Peptide mapping and mass analysis
- Amino acid composition
- CD Spectrometry
- Free Flow Electrophoresis (FFE)
- Analysis of carbohydrates
- Glycosylation point(MS)
O-. N- and S-Phosphorylation in proteins
Determination of activity
Enzymatic assays of known proteins
- Lyophilisation/freeze drying
We have a number of methods at our disposal and develop appropriate solutions for every requirement. We support our customers through the entire process chain, from R&D right through to the end product.
Our service – your benefit:
- Flexible analytics services ensure rapid implementation of your product.
- Dependable analytics support.
- Access to state-of-the art analytical procedures as well as customised analytics development and validation according to your requirements.
- Establishment of your analysis methods in our laboratories and transfer of our methods to your analytics laboratory.
In depth project planning and briefing as well as reliable and effective project status reporting.
Please ask for a quote for your specific requirements.