|European Business and Technology Centre (EBTC)
The European Business and Technology Centre (EBTC) supports EU businesses and researchers on their entry to the Indian market. EBTC’s efforts focus on the 4 key sunrise sectors of Biotechnology, Energy, Environment and Transport – all of which offer vast scope for closer EU-India business and research collaborations. EBTC provides a toolbox of customizable services, and is also the lead coordinator of Enterprise Europe Network India – a global technology network for SME’s.
EBTC is a programme co-funded by the European Union and coordinated by EUROCHAMBRES.
Through its offices in New Delhi, Bengaluru, Kolkata, and Mumbai, EBTC offers complete end-to-end solutions to biotechnology companies and researchers who want to enter and ensure sustainability in the Indian market.
EUROCHAMBRES, Brussels, coordinates EBTC activities in Europe.
A network of partners:
Over 30 partners across Europe and India ensure that EBTC is well networked in both regions.
Biotechnology Service Highlights
The Indian biotechnology sector is often termed as India’s “sunrise sector”, expected to play a key role in shaping India's rapidly developing economy. With numerous advantages in terms of research and development (R&D) facilities, knowledge, skills, cost effectiveness and government support, the biotechnology industry in India is considered as the top 12 biotech destinations worldwide and is the second largest market in the Asian region after China. The biotechnology sector in India is expected to achieve a revenue of € 8 billion by 2017, growing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 22%. Opportunities span across the five pillars of the industry which include Biopharma, Bioservices, Bioagri, Bioindustrial and BioIT sub-sectors. Over the years, EBTC has been able to recognise the potential of biotechnology and gained strong inroads to its Indian stakeholders, organisations, companies/industries and federal and regional government bodies.A vast network has been established to the benefit of European companies and researchers, as EBTC is able to provide valuable insight, many viable opportunities and end to end solutions across the value chains of the biotechnology sector.
Services are available for EU and Indian businesses, researchers, clusters, and policy makers. EBTC’s toolbox of modular and customisable services supports EU-India cross-border collaboration and technology transfer. The services include:
- Market Insight, -Exploration and -Entry
- The European Technology Experience Centre (ETEC) and Technology Incubation: The only space dedicated to showcasing European technologies in India, virtually as well as physically. The service also includes a dedicated technology manager.*
- Project & Partner identification
- IPR Helpdesk
- Business Incubation
- Research-Innovation-Business: Facilitating the conversion of research projects into sustainable business.*
- Technology Localisation: Adapting technologies to suit local conditions.*
- Pilot projects: Demonstrating technology capabilities to the Indian market.*
- Event hosting
* Please see the link below for more details about Value Added Services.
Learn more about EBTC
View and share the following with your networks
Get familiar with EBTC:
- EBTC Corporate Video
- EBTC Information Flyer – EU
- EBTC Information Flyer – India
- EBTC 5 year Publication: Paving Avenues for EU-India Clean Technology Collaboration
- EBTC Biotech information
- EBTC Biotech Sector Specialist: Dr. Geetha M Swamilingiah, E-Mail: email@example.com
Learn More & Stay Connected:
- Send us a quiry
- Click here to sign up to receive regular updates
- Website: www.ebtc.eu
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Join the conversation: